Free To Residents
Any permanent or temporary resident of Artesia or the surrounding area may obtain a library card at no charge. Library cards are issued in person, at the library, upon presentation of a valid photo ID and proof of your mailing address. Temporary cards expire after one year.
The library accepts the following current and signed identification:
- New Mexico or out-of-state drivers license
- Government issued ID cards including military identification
- United States passport
- University or school identification
If your current mailing address is not listed on your photo ID, please bring any of the following documents:
- Utility bill (phone, electric, water, etc.)
- Official mail with a recent postmark (bank statement, insurance bill, etc.)
- Vehicle registration
For individuals under the age of 18 to receive a library card, the parent or legal guardian must sign their card application.
Please report lost or stolen cards, or if your contact information has changed as soon as possible. There is a $1 charge to replace lost cards.
Print and Complete this form and return to the library in person along with the appropriate documentation. Applications also are available at the library’s front desk.
Download Application for Library Card (PDF)