Free To Residents
Any permanent or temporary resident of Artesia or the surrounding area may obtain a library card at no charge. Library cards are issued in person, at the library, upon presentation of a valid photo ID and proof of your mailing address. Temporary cards expire after one year.
The library accepts the following current and signed identification:
- New Mexico or out-of-state drivers license
- Government issued ID cards including military identification
- United States passport
- University or school identification
- Utility bill (phone, electric, water, etc.)
- Official mail with a recent postmark (bank statement, insurance bill, etc.)
- Vehicle registration
For individuals under the age of 18 to receive a library card, the parent or legal guardian must sign their application card.
Please report lost or stolen cards, or if your contact information has changed as soon as possible. There is a $1 charge to replace lost cards.