The Waste Water Department is responsible for maintaining the Waste Water Treatment Plant for the City of Artesia. The operations of the plant are strictly monitored and evaluated by the Environmental Protection Agency and various other agencies to ensure compliance. Most of the functions of a wastewater treatment plant go on without much public notice. However, the facility does offer some services to the public and businesses that you may not be aware of.
- Bulk Water Sales
- Sand Trap Interceptor Disposal
- Commercial Sewage Disposal
- Compost/Fertilizer available
- Unwanted and Expired Prescription Drop Off
- Sewer rates are evaluated annually.
- Rates are bases on your average winter usage.
City Code Prohibits Dumping Into The Sewer System
- Hazardous Chemicals
- Grease or Oil
- Medical Wastes
- Solid Wastes
Please check with the Wastewater staff if you are not sure about whether or not it is appropriate to send something into our sewer system.